Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri March 22, 2013
Revitalizing the Higgins House and Other Murray Main Street Projects
Deana Wright visits Sounds Good Friday to give an update on work on revitalizing the Higgins House just west of the Murray Calloway County Public Library on Main Street. Wright says that Main Street is looking at about $200,000 in repairs before "the pretty" work begins to convert the hundred year old home into public spaces, particularly for social gatherings involving fewer than 50 attendees. Also, learn more about the 100 Year Anniversary of the County Court House on the Murray square to be celebrated on May 7.
Restoration & Preservation