Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu May 9, 2013
Retired State Police Leader Now Chief Of Rangers
A retired Kentucky State Police lieutenant colonel has been named head of rangers for Kentucky State Parks. Parks Commissioner Elaine Walker announced Joe West’s appointment yesterday. West began his career with the state police in 1978 and served in a variety of roles. He’s also been an instructor at Eastern Kentucky University, Prestonsburg Community College and the Kentucky State Police Academy. As chief ranger, West will be responsible for overseeing security at all of Kentucky's state parks.