Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu May 9, 2013
Retired State Police Leader Now Chief Of Rangers
A retired Kentucky State Police lieutenant colonel has been named head of rangers for Kentucky State Parks. Parks Commissioner Elaine Walker announced Joe West’s appointment yesterday. West began his career with the state police in 1978 and served in a variety of roles. He’s also been an instructor at Eastern Kentucky University, Prestonsburg Community College and the Kentucky State Police Academy. As chief ranger, West will be responsible for overseeing security at all of Kentucky's state parks.