Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Fri March 28, 2014
Resolution on Kentucky Schools' Make Up Days Reached
Final action on school calendar legislation came today in the Kentucky general assembly. The matter has been a heavily debated item, considering the number of missed school days this winter.
The measure sets out schools will conduct 1,060 hours of instruction time. Louisville Representative and school principal Charles Miller says adding time to the school day can make up days.
Requests for calendar flexibility can be made to State Education Commissioner Terry Holliday. The bill approved in both chambers sets the final day of school at June 6th.