Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu February 21, 2013
Republican Leader Questions Illinois Pension Proposal
A top Illinois Republican is scrutinizing a new state pension overhaul that would make a state income tax hike permanent. Senate Republican Leader Christine Radogno says several pension proposals are on the table, but there isn't consensus.
She questions whether Democratic state Representative Lou Lang's proposal is fair. He's calling for making the income-tax increase of 2011 permanent. That money would be dedicated to payments needed to catch up with a roughly 96 billion dollar deficit in its pension accounts. But Radogno says those funds were dedicated to help fill a budget hole, and schools or public safety could also use the money.