Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed October 16, 2013
Report Shows TN Nuclear Violations
A recent congressional study shows Tennessee's nuclear plants had a total of 258 safety violations between 2000 and 2012.
The Associated Press obtained a copy of the Government Accountability Office report that's awaiting release. Nuclear Regulatory Commission figures cited in the report show the Sequoyah plant in Soddy-Daisy had 125 violations, of which all but two were lower-level violations.
Watts Bar in Spring City had 133 violations. Only three were higher-level status. The Southeast, with the most reactors of the NRC's four regions, had the fewest such violations.
Nuclear Power Plants