Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed October 16, 2013
Report Shows TN Nuclear Violations
A recent congressional study shows Tennessee's nuclear plants had a total of 258 safety violations between 2000 and 2012.
The Associated Press obtained a copy of the Government Accountability Office report that's awaiting release. Nuclear Regulatory Commission figures cited in the report show the Sequoyah plant in Soddy-Daisy had 125 violations, of which all but two were lower-level violations.
Watts Bar in Spring City had 133 violations. Only three were higher-level status. The Southeast, with the most reactors of the NRC's four regions, had the fewest such violations.
Nuclear Power Plants