Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu April 23, 2009
Removal Scam in Lyon
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Officials with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet are warning Lyon County residents of a debris removal work scam in the area. A number of residents have reported receiving phone solicitations for debris removal work on their private property. The solicitors claim that after paying for removal work, property owners can submit invoices to FEMA to get an 80 percent reimbursement for the work. No such reimbursement is available. Those receiving such solicitations are asked to contact their local law enforcement agencies. FEMA advises that landowners should only do business with licensed, reputable debris removal companies and should not pay for work in advance.