Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Around the Nation
Mon August 19, 2013
Redheads Flock To Portland For World Record Attempt
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 1:27 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
Redheads usually stand out in a crowd, though not at the Portland Redhead Event. More than 1,300 gathered in Portland, Ore., over the weekend - which it hopes is a new world record.
To qualify, participants had to produce pictures of their younger selves and their naturally red hair. If confirmed, this would be Portland's third record this summer. The others? The largest gathering of people hugging trees and the longest floating human chain.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.