Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Around the Nation
Mon August 19, 2013
Redheads Flock To Portland For World Record Attempt
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 1:27 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
Redheads usually stand out in a crowd, though not at the Portland Redhead Event. More than 1,300 gathered in Portland, Ore., over the weekend - which it hopes is a new world record.
To qualify, participants had to produce pictures of their younger selves and their naturally red hair. If confirmed, this would be Portland's third record this summer. The others? The largest gathering of people hugging trees and the longest floating human chain.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.