Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri November 6, 2009
Recycling Plant to Stay in Hopkins County
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – A recycling plant in Madisonville is getting a two million dollar facelift. Officials for Electro Cycle yesterday announced the project that will include major equipment upgrades. The Madisonville Messenger reports these are the first improvements at Electro Cycle in twenty years. Officials say the work will help retain forty local jobs and perhaps create more in the coming years. The announcement comes following negotiations with local government to keep the plant in Hopkins County.