Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Thu February 5, 2009
Recalled Peanut Butter in FEMA Meal Kits
By Austin Carter
Kentucky – Commercial meal kits distributed by FEMA in Kentucky and Arkansas as part of the disaster relief efforts may contain recalled peanut butter. The meal kits were manufactured by Red Cloud Food Services, Inc., under the Standing Rock Label, and were distributed to communities impacted by winter storms. As part of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's precautionary national recall, anyone possessing meal kits containing peanut butter packets should dispose of them. If you consumed a meal kit and develop a fever or flu-like side effects, consult a physician immediately.