Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu February 5, 2009
Recalled Peanut Butter in FEMA Meal Kits
By Austin Carter
Kentucky – Commercial meal kits distributed by FEMA in Kentucky and Arkansas as part of the disaster relief efforts may contain recalled peanut butter. The meal kits were manufactured by Red Cloud Food Services, Inc., under the Standing Rock Label, and were distributed to communities impacted by winter storms. As part of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's precautionary national recall, anyone possessing meal kits containing peanut butter packets should dispose of them. If you consumed a meal kit and develop a fever or flu-like side effects, consult a physician immediately.