Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed April 3, 2013
Rauner Raises $1.3 Million for Potential 2014 Illinois Governor Run
A Republican venture capitalist weighing a run for Illinois governor has raised $1.3 million in the last month.
Bruce Rauner began forming and exploratory committee in March to consider a 2014 bid for governor. He also started a statewide listening tour to gauge interest from Illinois residents. The money raised since then includes a $249,000 contribution from Rauner.
His statewide tour has included 20 stops so far and he says the support exceeds his expectations. Rauner says Illinois needs a political outsider to take on the "failed status quo" in Springfield.
Other potential GOP candidates include Congressman Aaron Schock and Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford.