Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed April 3, 2013
Rauner Raises $1.3 Million for Potential 2014 Illinois Governor Run
A Republican venture capitalist weighing a run for Illinois governor has raised $1.3 million in the last month.
Bruce Rauner began forming and exploratory committee in March to consider a 2014 bid for governor. He also started a statewide listening tour to gauge interest from Illinois residents. The money raised since then includes a $249,000 contribution from Rauner.
His statewide tour has included 20 stops so far and he says the support exceeds his expectations. Rauner says Illinois needs a political outsider to take on the "failed status quo" in Springfield.
Other potential GOP candidates include Congressman Aaron Schock and Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford.