Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed April 3, 2013
Rauner Raises $1.3 Million for Potential 2014 Illinois Governor Run
A Republican venture capitalist weighing a run for Illinois governor has raised $1.3 million in the last month.
Bruce Rauner began forming and exploratory committee in March to consider a 2014 bid for governor. He also started a statewide listening tour to gauge interest from Illinois residents. The money raised since then includes a $249,000 contribution from Rauner.
His statewide tour has included 20 stops so far and he says the support exceeds his expectations. Rauner says Illinois needs a political outsider to take on the "failed status quo" in Springfield.
Other potential GOP candidates include Congressman Aaron Schock and Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford.