Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed April 3, 2013
Rauner Raises $1.3 Million for Potential 2014 Illinois Governor Run
A Republican venture capitalist weighing a run for Illinois governor has raised $1.3 million in the last month.
Bruce Rauner began forming and exploratory committee in March to consider a 2014 bid for governor. He also started a statewide listening tour to gauge interest from Illinois residents. The money raised since then includes a $249,000 contribution from Rauner.
His statewide tour has included 20 stops so far and he says the support exceeds his expectations. Rauner says Illinois needs a political outsider to take on the "failed status quo" in Springfield.
Other potential GOP candidates include Congressman Aaron Schock and Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford.