Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Wed April 3, 2013
Rauner Raises $1.3 Million for Potential 2014 Illinois Governor Run
A Republican venture capitalist weighing a run for Illinois governor has raised $1.3 million in the last month.
Bruce Rauner began forming and exploratory committee in March to consider a 2014 bid for governor. He also started a statewide listening tour to gauge interest from Illinois residents. The money raised since then includes a $249,000 contribution from Rauner.
His statewide tour has included 20 stops so far and he says the support exceeds his expectations. Rauner says Illinois needs a political outsider to take on the "failed status quo" in Springfield.
Other potential GOP candidates include Congressman Aaron Schock and Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford.