Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon May 21, 2012
Rapid Response Meeting to Be Held for Laid Off Ferry Morse Workers
Displaced workers from Fulton's Ferry Morse Seed Company learn this week about ways to move forward after layoffs at the plant.
New company ownership dismissed half of it's workforce and placed the rest on temporary leave last week. Mary Ann Medlock with The West Kentucky Workforce Investment Board says the rapid response meeting is focused on getting workers the information they need quickly.
“It can be everything from unemployment insurance benefits, to retraining, to understanding what skills you have and assessments, career assessment and counseling," says Medlock. "...as well as understanding other community resources like through the health department and adult education.”
Medlock says the meeting is 9 am Thursday at the Pontotoc Civic Center in Fulton.