Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu November 4, 2010
Rand Paul Plans for Senate
By Lisa Autry/Rebecca Feldhaus
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Senator-Elect Rand Paul is taking a few days to vacation following a long election season, but he's already formulating plans for when he heads to Washington in January. Paul says he'll prepare a balanced budget and balanced budget amendment.
"It's difficult to pass, but it's actually passed before with majority, but not with the super majority you need to get a Constitutional Amendment. But I think the mood is swelling in the country."
Paul has stated, "If you don't favor balancing the budget in five years or less, to me you're not a serious person on the issue." However, the Bowling Green Republican has not offered any specifics on how he would balance the budget. Other items on Paul's reform agenda include reining in regulatory agencies and determining what federal departments are worthy of continuing.