Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon July 29, 2013
Rand Paul Hits Back At Christie Over Surveillance
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is hitting back at New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the two Republicans' ongoing spat over national security. Last weak Christie criticized Paul's opposition to warrantless federal surveillance programs as harming efforts to prevent terrorism.
Paul was at a fundraiser outside Nashville on Sunday. He argued Christie's position hurts GOP chances in national elections, and that spending priorities of critics like the governor and Rep. Peter King of New York do more to harm national security. Paul said a "gimme, gimme, gimme — give me all my Sandy money now" attitude after the hurricane illustrate his critics' misplaced spending priorities. As for the back-and-forth between Christie and Paul, the senator said he didn't start the squabble, but he's willing to fight back "in spades."