Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 29, 2013
Rand Paul Hits Back At Christie Over Surveillance
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is hitting back at New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the two Republicans' ongoing spat over national security. Last weak Christie criticized Paul's opposition to warrantless federal surveillance programs as harming efforts to prevent terrorism.
Paul was at a fundraiser outside Nashville on Sunday. He argued Christie's position hurts GOP chances in national elections, and that spending priorities of critics like the governor and Rep. Peter King of New York do more to harm national security. Paul said a "gimme, gimme, gimme — give me all my Sandy money now" attitude after the hurricane illustrate his critics' misplaced spending priorities. As for the back-and-forth between Christie and Paul, the senator said he didn't start the squabble, but he's willing to fight back "in spades."