Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon July 29, 2013
Rand Paul Hits Back At Christie Over Surveillance
Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is hitting back at New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the two Republicans' ongoing spat over national security. Last weak Christie criticized Paul's opposition to warrantless federal surveillance programs as harming efforts to prevent terrorism.
Paul was at a fundraiser outside Nashville on Sunday. He argued Christie's position hurts GOP chances in national elections, and that spending priorities of critics like the governor and Rep. Peter King of New York do more to harm national security. Paul said a "gimme, gimme, gimme — give me all my Sandy money now" attitude after the hurricane illustrate his critics' misplaced spending priorities. As for the back-and-forth between Christie and Paul, the senator said he didn't start the squabble, but he's willing to fight back "in spades."