Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu September 26, 2013
Ramsey: Little Chance In TN Of Carr Upsetting Alexander
Tennessee State Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey says he sees little chance of state Representative Joe Carr upsetting U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander in next year's Republican primary.
Ramsey cites his own experience as a 2010 gubernatorial candidate in which he was unable to overcome a vast fundraising disadvantage in the Republican primary won by Bill Haslam.
Carr last month abandoned his bid to oust incumbent U.S. Representative Scott DesJarlais to instead challenge Alexander for the U.S. Senate.
Alexander's campaign had $3.1 million on hand through the first half of the year, while Carr had about $275,000 from his House race.