Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue April 1, 2014
Racers Seek CIT Championship Bid
The men’s Racer basketball team faces off against the Pacific Tigers in the semifinal round of the Collegeinsider.com Tournament tonight. The Racers enter the semis after knocking off Towson while the Tigers are fresh off a win over San Diego.
Racers coach Steve Prohm said at a press conference this week that he sees free throw shooting as a key to the game.
“One of our biggest strengths all season long statistically has been getting to the free throw line, and one of their biggest weaknesses has been putting people on the free throw line -and then not getting to the free throw line- so hopefully we can use that to our advantage,” Prohm said.
The Racers hold the only victory in the all-time series between the two teams.
Tipoff is tonight at 8 at Murray’s CFSB Center. The game airs on CBS Sports Network. The winner will go on to play in the CIT championship Thursday.
The other semifinal bout between Yale and VMI will begin at 6:00 tonight. It will also air on CBS Sports Network.