Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu March 1, 2012
Racers Prepare for OVC Tournament
The number 12 ranked Murray State Racers are preparing for postseason play this week as the Ohio Valley Conference tournament tips off. The tournament started last night in Nashville, but the Racers don’t play until the semifinal round tomorrow night as they received two byes as the top team in the OVC. First year Head Coach Steve Prohm says while his 28-1 squad accomplished a great deal this season, there’s much more to do.
“We’ve done remarkable things to this point. Amazing things. Historic things. But we’ve got even more historic things that we can accomplish if we continue to do what we’ve been able to do for 29 games. These guys have been unbelievable, and I’m looking forward to coaching them for hopefully four or five, six more weeks.”
In early round play last night, Southeast Missouri beat Eastern Kentucky, 75-65, and Jacksonville State defeated Austin Peay, 75-70. Southeast Missouri moves on tonight to face Tennessee Tech, and Jacksonville State takes on Morehead State. Coach Prohm says the team will head down to watch the games tonight. The Racers will face the winner of the SEMO-Tennessee Tech game tomorrow night at 6:00 in a game televised on ESPNU.