Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri March 7, 2014
Racers Hope for Second Win Against EKU This Year in OVC Semis
The men’s Racer basketball team will face off against the Eastern Kentucky Colonels in the semifinal round of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament tonight at 9 p.m.
The second seeded Racers secured a double bye for the tournament, while EKU earned its spot in the semis after a victory over Southeast Missouri State last night. The Racers fell to SEMO in their final regular season game last week 115-118 in double overtime.
At a press conference this week, Racers head coach Steve Prohm hoped to improve on some of his team’s inconsistencies.
“We didn't have a great pop last week. We did the week before, and we had a long week the week before... It was good at times but just not consistent enough,” Prohm said.
The Racers will tip off at Nashville’s Municipal Auditorium. The game will air on ESPNU. The teams have faced once this season - the Racers took a 77-64 victory in January. The winner will go on to play in the OVC championship Saturday at 6 p.m.
On the other side of the bracket, Morehead State and Belmont will square off at 6:30 tonight for the second championship slot. Belmont defeated the Racers in the finals of last year’s OVC tourney.