Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Fri March 7, 2014
Racers Hope for Second Win Against EKU This Year in OVC Semis
The men’s Racer basketball team will face off against the Eastern Kentucky Colonels in the semifinal round of the Ohio Valley Conference tournament tonight at 9 p.m.
The second seeded Racers secured a double bye for the tournament, while EKU earned its spot in the semis after a victory over Southeast Missouri State last night. The Racers fell to SEMO in their final regular season game last week 115-118 in double overtime.
At a press conference this week, Racers head coach Steve Prohm hoped to improve on some of his team’s inconsistencies.
“We didn't have a great pop last week. We did the week before, and we had a long week the week before... It was good at times but just not consistent enough,” Prohm said.
The Racers will tip off at Nashville’s Municipal Auditorium. The game will air on ESPNU. The teams have faced once this season - the Racers took a 77-64 victory in January. The winner will go on to play in the OVC championship Saturday at 6 p.m.
On the other side of the bracket, Morehead State and Belmont will square off at 6:30 tonight for the second championship slot. Belmont defeated the Racers in the finals of last year’s OVC tourney.