Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon February 18, 2013
Quinn Urges Eligible Illinois Taxpayers to File for Credit
Gov. Pat Quinn wants taxpayers to take advantage of a newly expanded tax credit. The Illinois Earned Income Tax Credit provides low-income families with tax relief and an incentive to work. But the nonprofit Center for Economic Progress estimates between 10 to 20 percent of eligible taxpayers didn't file for the credit last year.
Families earning less than $50,000 annually and individuals making less than $25,000 may qualify for free tax preparation help at assistance centers across the state.