Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Mon February 18, 2013
Quinn Urges Eligible Illinois Taxpayers to File for Credit
Gov. Pat Quinn wants taxpayers to take advantage of a newly expanded tax credit. The Illinois Earned Income Tax Credit provides low-income families with tax relief and an incentive to work. But the nonprofit Center for Economic Progress estimates between 10 to 20 percent of eligible taxpayers didn't file for the credit last year.
Families earning less than $50,000 annually and individuals making less than $25,000 may qualify for free tax preparation help at assistance centers across the state.