Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu November 14, 2013
Quinn Travels IL Announcing Grants And Refunds
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn took part in his second tour around the state this week signing legislation refunding money to taxpayers and announcing capital investments.
Quinn began his day by signing legislation in East Alton that returned more than $8 million dollars from a now defunct hospital to property owners in southwest Illinois.
In Springfield the Quinn announced a capital investment to expand the Prairie Capitol Convention Center.
Quinn also traveled to Peru to announce state funding to overhaul the city's water treatment plant, which was damaged by spring flooding.
Wednesday's appearances follow a fly-around the state on Monday, where Quinn announced a new $2 lottery ticket with proceeds benefiting the state's veterans.