Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Mon February 11, 2013
Quinn Says Time to Put IL Voting Registration Online
Gov. Pat Quinn wants Illinois residents have the option to register to vote online. Quinn says the state's election process must move into the 21st century. Supporters tout the proposal as a way to simplify registration and attract the Millennial Generation that has traditionally been absent from the election process.
The state's GOP leadership doesn't object to the idea. Still, Republicans question whether this is the right time to introduce the measure. Illinois Republican Chairman Pat Brady says lawmakers should solely focus on fixing the state's worst-in-the-nation pension crisis.
More than a dozen states, including Colorado, Nevada and Indiana, already offer online registration.