Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Mon February 11, 2013
Quinn Says Time to Put IL Voting Registration Online
Gov. Pat Quinn wants Illinois residents have the option to register to vote online. Quinn says the state's election process must move into the 21st century. Supporters tout the proposal as a way to simplify registration and attract the Millennial Generation that has traditionally been absent from the election process.
The state's GOP leadership doesn't object to the idea. Still, Republicans question whether this is the right time to introduce the measure. Illinois Republican Chairman Pat Brady says lawmakers should solely focus on fixing the state's worst-in-the-nation pension crisis.
More than a dozen states, including Colorado, Nevada and Indiana, already offer online registration.