Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon February 11, 2013
Quinn Says Time to Put IL Voting Registration Online
Gov. Pat Quinn wants Illinois residents have the option to register to vote online. Quinn says the state's election process must move into the 21st century. Supporters tout the proposal as a way to simplify registration and attract the Millennial Generation that has traditionally been absent from the election process.
The state's GOP leadership doesn't object to the idea. Still, Republicans question whether this is the right time to introduce the measure. Illinois Republican Chairman Pat Brady says lawmakers should solely focus on fixing the state's worst-in-the-nation pension crisis.
More than a dozen states, including Colorado, Nevada and Indiana, already offer online registration.