Most Active Stories
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
- Source 'Mid Continent Lays Off All Staff'-Leadership Meeting Before Issuing Public Comment
Tue July 9, 2013
Quinn has until July 15 to sign key part of IL budget
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has yet to sign a bill that would put key pieces of the state budget in place. Quinn has until July 15th to sign House Bill 214. If he doesn't, the Illinois comptroller won't have the ability to issue paychecks to state employees. Quinn spokeswoman Brooke Anderson says the governor is carefully reviewing the bill.
A spokesman for Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says their office is waiting to see what Quinn does. The bill contains a 250-page spending plan for state agencies.