Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue July 9, 2013
Quinn has until July 15 to sign key part of IL budget
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has yet to sign a bill that would put key pieces of the state budget in place. Quinn has until July 15th to sign House Bill 214. If he doesn't, the Illinois comptroller won't have the ability to issue paychecks to state employees. Quinn spokeswoman Brooke Anderson says the governor is carefully reviewing the bill.
A spokesman for Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says their office is waiting to see what Quinn does. The bill contains a 250-page spending plan for state agencies.