Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue July 9, 2013
Quinn has until July 15 to sign key part of IL budget
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has yet to sign a bill that would put key pieces of the state budget in place. Quinn has until July 15th to sign House Bill 214. If he doesn't, the Illinois comptroller won't have the ability to issue paychecks to state employees. Quinn spokeswoman Brooke Anderson says the governor is carefully reviewing the bill.
A spokesman for Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says their office is waiting to see what Quinn does. The bill contains a 250-page spending plan for state agencies.