Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 17, 2014
Quinn Encourages Low Income Tax Credit
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn is encouraging low income families in Illinois to sign up for a tax credit.
The Earned Income Tax Credit is intended to provide working families incentive to work and get tax relief. The governor's office says 900,000 families received $160 million in tax credits last year.
But Quinn says there are many more eligible families in Illinois who didn't apply.
He says it will drive economic growth if more families receive the tax savings. The Internal Revenue Service estimates that 1 in 5 eligible taxpayers don't claim the tax credit.