Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Fri September 6, 2013
Quinn 'Concerned' About IL Capitol's Copper Doors
A spokeswoman for Pat Quinn says the Illinois governor is "concerned" about an architect's choice to use nearly $670,000 copper-plated wooden doors as part of a Capitol renovation project. Quinn spokeswoman Brooke Anderson said yesterday that the governor believes any capital projects should be conducted in a "prudent and cost-effective manner." Critics have said the doors are too costly for the state when the Illinois pension fund is underfunded by $100 billion dollars.
The building is a National Historic Landmark. The doors that were replaced were made of glass and metal.