Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue April 23, 2013
Quinn Asks for FEMA Help with Flood Assessments
Gov. Pat Quinn has asked the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help with flood damage assessments in Illinois.
Quinn says the state is working to get federal assistance to help Illinois communities recover from last week's flooding. The assessments start April 29 and provide documentation for Illinois to request federal help.
Other agencies helping with the assessments include the Illinois Emergency Management Agency and local emergency management offices. About four dozen counties in Illinois have been declared state disaster areas.