Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri March 2, 2012
Quinn Asks for Federal Assistance
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has asked federal emergency officials for recovery help after Wednesday’s deadly tornado struck Harrisburg. Quinn says he asked the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help with damage assessments. Those assessments begin Monday and will provide documentation needed to support requests for federal assistance. The assessments are expected by the end of next week. They will include Massac, Saline and Union counties. Quinn already has issued a state disaster proclamation for southern Illinois.