Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue April 3, 2012
Quinn Announces Aid for Tornado Victims
Harrisburg and other southern Illinois communities affected by a deadly tornado in February are getting up to $13 million in state and Small Business Administration aid. Governor Pat Quinn's office announced yesterday the help includes reimbursements to local governments for some of their disaster-related expenses and road improvements. The aid also involves grants for home repairs and low-interest loans to storm-affected businesses. Seven people were killed by the twister that tore through Harrisburg February 29th. Since then, the Federal Emergency Management Agency has denied the state's request for help. Quinn says recovery from the tornado won't happen overnight but the assistance package detailed Monday will help those hurt by the storm to rebuild their lives.