Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu November 8, 2012
Puryear Business Reports $40,000 Employee Theft
The Henry County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the possible theft of up to $40,000 by an employee at a Puryear business. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports the owner the Puryear Minit Mart told Lance Perry with the Sheriff’s Department that he believes an employee stole about $40,000 over the past six months.
The owner says an audit showed the employee has been writing checks for cash over the amount of purchases at the business, but many of those checks have turned up missing before the bank deposits were made. The owner says he will go through all the business receipts and provide police with a more detailed list of missing checks and cash. No arrests have been made.