Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 14, 2009
Purchase District Receive Flu Vaccine Shipment
By Angela Hatton
Paducah, KY – The Purchase District Health Department is reporting the number of flu vaccines shipped to their region. Public Health Director Charlie Ross says Kentucky's seven westernmost counties have begun to receive what will be a total 4,000 vaccines this week. Officials are working to coordinate with over eighty service providers who will distribute the vaccinations. Ross says right now they are focusing on the most at-risk groups and health care professionals. Ross says the region will continue to receive about three shipments a week. He says residents can expect to see public swine flu clinics by mid-November.