Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue December 3, 2013
PSC Worried 364 Area Code Could Cause Confusion
The Kentucky Public Service Commission is urging caregivers to prepare the elderly in western Kentucky for the upcoming area code changes.
Mandatory 10-digit dialing in the current 270 area code goes into effect on February 1. The new 364 code will exist in the same geographic area as the 270 code.
The PSC says the change could cause problems for elderly residents. The state agency says that family, friends and caregivers of the elderly should help them prepare for the change.
One of the best ways is using programmable landline phones that can store preset numbers.
The first numbers using area code 364 may be assigned beginning March 3.