Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
Tue December 3, 2013
PSC Worried 364 Area Code Could Cause Confusion
The Kentucky Public Service Commission is urging caregivers to prepare the elderly in western Kentucky for the upcoming area code changes.
Mandatory 10-digit dialing in the current 270 area code goes into effect on February 1. The new 364 code will exist in the same geographic area as the 270 code.
The PSC says the change could cause problems for elderly residents. The state agency says that family, friends and caregivers of the elderly should help them prepare for the change.
One of the best ways is using programmable landline phones that can store preset numbers.
The first numbers using area code 364 may be assigned beginning March 3.