Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue December 3, 2013
PSC Worried 364 Area Code Could Cause Confusion
The Kentucky Public Service Commission is urging caregivers to prepare the elderly in western Kentucky for the upcoming area code changes.
Mandatory 10-digit dialing in the current 270 area code goes into effect on February 1. The new 364 code will exist in the same geographic area as the 270 code.
The PSC says the change could cause problems for elderly residents. The state agency says that family, friends and caregivers of the elderly should help them prepare for the change.
One of the best ways is using programmable landline phones that can store preset numbers.
The first numbers using area code 364 may be assigned beginning March 3.