Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon February 18, 2013
Prosecutors Offer Plea in Stabbing of Murray Mom
Prosecutors have extended a plea offer to a man charged with stabbing and killing his mother last summer in Murray. Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship says he made the offer last week to the attorney of Michael Joseph Burke. Burke's attorney, Cheri Riedel, confirmed receiving the offer Friday during a hearing before Calloway Circuit Judge Dennis Foust. Riedel says she hasn't met with Burke about the offer.
Blankenship says the offer was discussed with, and approved by, family members. Foust set a Feb. 25 status hearing in the case. Burke allegedly stabbed Karen McClellan several times at a 13th Street apartment in Murray last July. Burke has been found mentally competent to stand trial.