Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon February 18, 2013
Prosecutors Offer Plea in Stabbing of Murray Mom
Prosecutors have extended a plea offer to a man charged with stabbing and killing his mother last summer in Murray. Commonwealth Attorney Mark Blankenship says he made the offer last week to the attorney of Michael Joseph Burke. Burke's attorney, Cheri Riedel, confirmed receiving the offer Friday during a hearing before Calloway Circuit Judge Dennis Foust. Riedel says she hasn't met with Burke about the offer.
Blankenship says the offer was discussed with, and approved by, family members. Foust set a Feb. 25 status hearing in the case. Burke allegedly stabbed Karen McClellan several times at a 13th Street apartment in Murray last July. Burke has been found mentally competent to stand trial.