Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
Mon November 11, 2013
Promotion Of Veteran-Produced Agriculture Goes National
Agriculture Commissioner James Comer said the California-based Farmer Veteran Coalition will run the Homegrown by Heroes program across the country. The Farm Credit System is spending $250,000 to back the initiative.
Comer launched Kentucky's program in January. The program offers a logo that identifies farm products produced by Kentucky military veterans.
Farmer Veteran Coalition Executive Director Michael O'Gorman said he wants every farmer veteran in the country to get the same recognition.