Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon November 11, 2013
Promotion Of Veteran-Produced Agriculture Goes National
Agriculture Commissioner James Comer said the California-based Farmer Veteran Coalition will run the Homegrown by Heroes program across the country. The Farm Credit System is spending $250,000 to back the initiative.
Comer launched Kentucky's program in January. The program offers a logo that identifies farm products produced by Kentucky military veterans.
Farmer Veteran Coalition Executive Director Michael O'Gorman said he wants every farmer veteran in the country to get the same recognition.