Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed August 8, 2012
Princeton & Sturgis Wet/Dry Vote
Voters in Princeton and one precinct in Sturgis, in Union County, have decided to go wet. Caldwell County Clerk Toni Watson says the measure allowing liquor-by-the-drink in restaurants and the sale of packaged liquor passed yesterday by nearly 200 votes. Watson says businesses can apply for the proper license after 60 days.
The 2nd precinct in Sturgis passed a measure to sell wine and beer by just 14 votes. Precincts 1 and 3 chose to remain dry. Portions of Union County are already wet so county clerk Trey Peak expects sales in precinct two to begin in about thirty days.