Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue July 31, 2012
Princeton Pro-Alcohol Group Outraises Opponents
Princeton, Kentucky’s pro-alcohol sales group has raised more money than their opponents in the lead up to the city’s August 7th wet/dry vote.
Kentucky's Election Finance Registry's latest numbers show Progress for Princeton has raised over $6,000, while the anti-alcohol sales Champions for a Safe Community has reported no money raised for the election. Princeton is the 3rd western Kentucky community to hold a wet/dry vote this year. Earlier this month Murray and Marshall County held their own votes, with Murray allowing sales while Marshall stayed dry.