Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue July 31, 2012
Princeton Pro-Alcohol Group Outraises Opponents
Princeton, Kentucky’s pro-alcohol sales group has raised more money than their opponents in the lead up to the city’s August 7th wet/dry vote.
Kentucky's Election Finance Registry's latest numbers show Progress for Princeton has raised over $6,000, while the anti-alcohol sales Champions for a Safe Community has reported no money raised for the election. Princeton is the 3rd western Kentucky community to hold a wet/dry vote this year. Earlier this month Murray and Marshall County held their own votes, with Murray allowing sales while Marshall stayed dry.