Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue December 9, 2008
Princeton Commissions Water System Model
By Casey 'Northcutt
Princeton, KY – Princeton, Kentucky officials have commissioned Hethcoatand Davis, Inc. to build a computer model of the city water grid's hydraulics. The model will help the city bring fire protection to all its customers and proactively deal with issues such as small water lines. Engineer Ricky Oakley says the model allows the city to quickly troubleshoot problems and investigate expansions in the system. Based on 500 points located in the current system, the model will contain both current data and projections for the system in five, 10 and 20 years. The company says it will have a report ready for the Water and Wastewater Commission before its next meeting on January 29.