Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue December 9, 2008
Princeton Commissions Water System Model
By Casey 'Northcutt
Princeton, KY – Princeton, Kentucky officials have commissioned Hethcoatand Davis, Inc. to build a computer model of the city water grid's hydraulics. The model will help the city bring fire protection to all its customers and proactively deal with issues such as small water lines. Engineer Ricky Oakley says the model allows the city to quickly troubleshoot problems and investigate expansions in the system. Based on 500 points located in the current system, the model will contain both current data and projections for the system in five, 10 and 20 years. The company says it will have a report ready for the Water and Wastewater Commission before its next meeting on January 29.