Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon September 23, 2013
Presidential Search Committee Considers Timeline
The Murray State University Presidential Search Committee is finalizing a timeline to select the school’s 12th president.
In a video conference meeting Monday the nine-member committee agreed on a flexible Dec. 1 deadline to accept applications.
Representatives with the search firm Witt/Kieffer suggests the committee accept applications until the interview process during the spring semester.
The committee will begin screening applicants on Dec. 3. The committee plans to interview top candidates in Nashville in mid-January.
Members expressed interest in delaying campus visits until April so as to not interfere with visits from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools for accreditation.
The next president should be in office by July 1.