Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
WKMS Press Releases
Tue November 5, 2013
Preserving Our Voices on National Day of Listening
Join us on The National Day of Listening, November 29, for a special broadcast of the oral history project Preserving Our Voices, airing during the noon hour of Sounds Good. In the month of October, WKMS staff members met at participating libraries with people from our region at who had stories to record and preserve. We've captured some of the highlights from these recordings and will present them to you the day after Thanksgiving. Hear some of the stories that make our home unique.
We'll preview some of these stories during Morning Edition and All Things Considered beginning Monday November 25th and continue through Friday, November 29th.
Participating libraries include: Calloway County Public Library, Hopkinsville-Christian Public Library, Hopkins County- Madisonville Public Library, McCracken County Public Library, and Rhea Public Library.
Preserving Our Voices will re-air Dec 1 at 9 a.m. and December 26 at 11 a.m.
A cute video from StoryCorps about listening as an act of love:
National Day of Listening