Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu October 24, 2013
Pres. Obama Personally Thanks Gov. Beshear
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has gotten a personal thank you from President Barack Obama for a smooth rollout of the health care overhaul in Kentucky.
Kentucky has not had the technical glitches that have plagued the federal health benefit exchange. More than 18,000 of Kentucky's 640,000 uninsured residents have signed up for coverage since Oct. 1.
And nearly 34,000 have completed applications. The federal exchange has been unable to accommodate large numbers of users.
Meanwhile, more than 280,000 people have visited the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange website. Of those, 247,316 conducted pre-screenings to determine eligibility.
It's All Politics