Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu October 24, 2013
Pres. Obama Personally Thanks Gov. Beshear
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has gotten a personal thank you from President Barack Obama for a smooth rollout of the health care overhaul in Kentucky.
Kentucky has not had the technical glitches that have plagued the federal health benefit exchange. More than 18,000 of Kentucky's 640,000 uninsured residents have signed up for coverage since Oct. 1.
And nearly 34,000 have completed applications. The federal exchange has been unable to accommodate large numbers of users.
Meanwhile, more than 280,000 people have visited the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange website. Of those, 247,316 conducted pre-screenings to determine eligibility.
It's All Politics