Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue November 13, 2012
Poll Shows High Bipartisan Support for Governor Bill Haslam
A recent poll shows Republican Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has strong bipartisan support among that state’s voters. The Middle Tennessee State University poll shows about 75 percent of Republicans and Independents approve of Governor Haslam, along with 54 percent of Democrats.
Poll director Ken Blake says the governor's high bipartisan support is similar to that of his predecessor, Phil Bredesen. The poll showed Haslam was less popular with African-American voters, with only 47 percent approving of the governor. The poll conducted last month surveyed 650 registered voters. It has an error margin of plus or minus four percentage points.