Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri March 26, 2010
Political Leaders Balk at Gun Ban in Capitol
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo says he won't call for a vote on a rule change in the current legislative session to ban visitors from openly carrying guns into the House chamber. Some lawmakers have been pressing for such a ban after an unidentified man wore a holstered gun into the House chamber earlier this week and sat through an afternoon session.
Stumbo says instead, the issue will be looked at during the interim period before lawmakers reconvene in January. Louisville State Representative Jim Wayne, who first raised the issue, says he will continue to push for a rule change.