Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 26, 2010
Political Leaders Balk at Gun Ban in Capitol
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo says he won't call for a vote on a rule change in the current legislative session to ban visitors from openly carrying guns into the House chamber. Some lawmakers have been pressing for such a ban after an unidentified man wore a holstered gun into the House chamber earlier this week and sat through an afternoon session.
Stumbo says instead, the issue will be looked at during the interim period before lawmakers reconvene in January. Louisville State Representative Jim Wayne, who first raised the issue, says he will continue to push for a rule change.