Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri March 26, 2010
Political Leaders Balk at Gun Ban in Capitol
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky House Speaker Greg Stumbo says he won't call for a vote on a rule change in the current legislative session to ban visitors from openly carrying guns into the House chamber. Some lawmakers have been pressing for such a ban after an unidentified man wore a holstered gun into the House chamber earlier this week and sat through an afternoon session.
Stumbo says instead, the issue will be looked at during the interim period before lawmakers reconvene in January. Louisville State Representative Jim Wayne, who first raised the issue, says he will continue to push for a rule change.