Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri May 25, 2012
Police Use a Fake Facebook Woman to Lure In a Fugitive
McCracken County Sheriff's detectives used the ruse of a fictitious woman on Facebook to lure a man wanted in three western Kentucky counties into a trap where deputies arrested him.
Sheriff Jon Hayden says 10 plainclothes deputies were waiting when 39-year-old Aaron Fraser of Paducah stepped off a bus from Michigan Thursday. Fraser is wanted in Ballard, Carlisle and McCracken counties. Hayden says Fraser fled this past April to avoid arrest. Detectives found him on Facebook and used the fake woman to lure him back to Kentucky. Hayden says instead of extradition, getting Fraser back to western Kentucky took only a $130 one-way bus ticket, saving the county money.