Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed July 10, 2013
Police: Rash of storm grate thefts in Madisonville
Madisonville police are asking the public's help after a rash of storm grate thefts have left exposed holes around the city. Lieutenant Jason Lutz says the thefts ran through May and June and roughly 30 grates have been taken. He says the thefts have left dangerously large openings exposed in the ground that could lead to injuries or damage to passing vehicles.
Lutz says officers are looking for a white, extended cab pickup. Two people have been seen in the truck. One gets out and takes the grate and the other serves as the driver. Lutz says the thieves are likely selling the grates for scrap. A $250 reward has been offered for the arrest of the two people involved.