Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue July 2, 2013
Police ID Man Found Dead In Kentucky Lake
Kentucky State Police have released the identity of a man whose body was found in Kentucky Lake yesterday morning. Police say preliminary autopsy results show 72-year-old Daniel Couger of Big Sandy, Tenn. died of a single gunshot wound to the head.
The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources contacted the KSP yesterday morning about a body floating outside Duncan Bay. Members of the Marshall County Rescue Squad located the body near the Trigg and Lyon county lines. Due to the nature of the incident, Fish and Wildlife requested KSP involvement. The investigation is ongoing.