Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Preservation & Restoration
Sun July 8, 2012
Pogue Library Bringing Oral History Recordings into the Digital Age
Recordings in the Oral History Collection at Murray State University contain stories of the history and culture of the Jackson Purchase region. On reel to reel and cassette tapes, hundreds of recordings amounting to many hundreds of hours of audio are stored in the Pogue Library archives on the school’s campus. Some, however, are joining the rest of the world in making the switch to digital.
Pogue Library’s Cynthia Barnes is part of a project to digitize the old analog recordings and make them available online. WKMS’s Shelly Baskin spoke with her about the project to restore and release the old recordings.