Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed August 5, 2009
Playing "Mr. President"
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – President Theodore Roosevelt lived many lives before he took the nation's highest office. He served as Governor of New York state, police commissioner of New York City and commanded the Rough Riders in the Spanish-American War. This Thursday Murray's Playhouse in the Park presents an original production entitled, Teddy Roosevelt. Local radio personality and long-time community theater member Pete Lancaster portrays the 26th president. Angela Hatton spoke with both Lancaster and Roosevelt, and brings us this story.
Tickets for "Teddy Roosevelt" are available through the Playhouse box office. To hear this report again, go to WKMS-dot-org.