Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed August 5, 2009
Playing "Mr. President"
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – President Theodore Roosevelt lived many lives before he took the nation's highest office. He served as Governor of New York state, police commissioner of New York City and commanded the Rough Riders in the Spanish-American War. This Thursday Murray's Playhouse in the Park presents an original production entitled, Teddy Roosevelt. Local radio personality and long-time community theater member Pete Lancaster portrays the 26th president. Angela Hatton spoke with both Lancaster and Roosevelt, and brings us this story.
Tickets for "Teddy Roosevelt" are available through the Playhouse box office. To hear this report again, go to WKMS-dot-org.