Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue August 28, 2012
Planters Bank Suing Chuck Jones Over Alleged Breach of Loan Agreement
Planters Bank in Hopkinsville is suing Murray businessman Charles (Chuck) Jones for nearly $11.3 million for allegedly breaching loan agreements with the bank. Jones operates multiple businesses including Southeastern Book, College Book Renter and Integrated Computer Solutions.
Planters filed the suit in Calloway County Circuit Court last week and lists Jones and several of his companies as defendants. Planters alleges the defendants failed to follow the terms of a 2010 loan agreement, and then failed to comply with demands for payment. The bank is requesting a receiver be appointed to two companies to take over business operations to facilitate loan repayments to Planters. A suit filed earlier this year against Jones by his business partner David Griffin was dismissed last Wednesday. Neither Planters nor Jones would comment outside of what's available in court documents.