Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue July 28, 2009
Plant Closing Temporarily
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – An automotive parts plant in Hopkinsville will close temporarily in August to keep operating costs down. The PTC Alliance plant will close for three months in Mid-August, leaving 65 employees out of work. The company manufactures mechanical tubing for automobiles. Operations Manager Don Farrington tells the Kentucky New Era there isn't enough work to keep the plant open right now. He says when the factory opens again, its former employees will have first shot at the jobs.