Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 28, 2009
Plant Closing Temporarily
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – An automotive parts plant in Hopkinsville will close temporarily in August to keep operating costs down. The PTC Alliance plant will close for three months in Mid-August, leaving 65 employees out of work. The company manufactures mechanical tubing for automobiles. Operations Manager Don Farrington tells the Kentucky New Era there isn't enough work to keep the plant open right now. He says when the factory opens again, its former employees will have first shot at the jobs.