Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 20, 2012
Plans for New Fort Campbell Museum Scaled Back
An organization trying to raise money to build a new museum at Fort Campbell says it has scaled back plans for the project. Fort Campbell Historical Foundation Executive Director Robert Nichols says changes in the design will cut the cost for the Wings of Liberty project in half. Originally, the organization had planned a two-floor, 80,000 square-foot structure at a cost of about $40 million. New design plans call for a 60,000-square-foot, single-story facility at a cost of about $20 million. Nichols says the changes were necessary due to economic conditions. Everything is in place to move forward except the funding, Nichols says, adding that foundation board members recently decided on a strategy to raise the money and open the facility in three years.