Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu January 8, 2009
By Angela Hatton
Hardin, KY – Officials confirm a light plane has crashed near the Hardin in Marshall County. Kathleen Bergen with the FAA says the Cessna 172 struck power lines and crashed this morning at 6:05 Central Time. Marshall County 911 Director Jeff Daniel says emergency personnel are on the scene. One fatality has been confirmed, but the victim's identity has not been released. Officials have not yet said what might have caused the crash. Bergen says the pilot had not filed a flight plan.