Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 8, 2009
By Angela Hatton
Hardin, KY – Officials confirm a light plane has crashed near the Hardin in Marshall County. Kathleen Bergen with the FAA says the Cessna 172 struck power lines and crashed this morning at 6:05 Central Time. Marshall County 911 Director Jeff Daniel says emergency personnel are on the scene. One fatality has been confirmed, but the victim's identity has not been released. Officials have not yet said what might have caused the crash. Bergen says the pilot had not filed a flight plan.