Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed December 12, 2012
Pittman Sentenced to 15 Years in Jail
A Marshall County jury has recommended the maximum sentence of 15 years of jail time for a Paducah woman convicted of second-degree manslaughter, first-degree wanton endangerment and DUI. Stephen “Jimmy” Harper was killed when Tiffany Pittman hit his truck with her car in Marshall County last year.
20-year-old Pittman will be up for parole after serving three years. She initially faced a maximum of 20 years to life on a wanton murder charge but the jurors opted for the lesser manslaughter conviction.