Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed December 12, 2012
Pittman Sentenced to 15 Years in Jail
A Marshall County jury has recommended the maximum sentence of 15 years of jail time for a Paducah woman convicted of second-degree manslaughter, first-degree wanton endangerment and DUI. Stephen “Jimmy” Harper was killed when Tiffany Pittman hit his truck with her car in Marshall County last year.
20-year-old Pittman will be up for parole after serving three years. She initially faced a maximum of 20 years to life on a wanton murder charge but the jurors opted for the lesser manslaughter conviction.