Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Wed December 12, 2012
Pittman Sentenced to 15 Years in Jail
A Marshall County jury has recommended the maximum sentence of 15 years of jail time for a Paducah woman convicted of second-degree manslaughter, first-degree wanton endangerment and DUI. Stephen “Jimmy” Harper was killed when Tiffany Pittman hit his truck with her car in Marshall County last year.
20-year-old Pittman will be up for parole after serving three years. She initially faced a maximum of 20 years to life on a wanton murder charge but the jurors opted for the lesser manslaughter conviction.