Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed December 12, 2012
Pittman Sentenced to 15 Years in Jail
A Marshall County jury has recommended the maximum sentence of 15 years of jail time for a Paducah woman convicted of second-degree manslaughter, first-degree wanton endangerment and DUI. Stephen “Jimmy” Harper was killed when Tiffany Pittman hit his truck with her car in Marshall County last year.
20-year-old Pittman will be up for parole after serving three years. She initially faced a maximum of 20 years to life on a wanton murder charge but the jurors opted for the lesser manslaughter conviction.