Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri April 19, 2013
Pilot Worker Says Haslam Knew of Rebate Fraud
An FBI agent's affidavit says a Pilot Flying J employee told authorities that Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam knew about rebate fraud at the truck stop chain his family owns.
The 120-page document was filed Thursday in federal court in Knoxville, where Pilot is based. It identifies the employee only as a confidential source.
Haslam says the foundation of the company is integrity and pledged to cooperate with the investigation.
FBI and IRS agents raided the company headquarters Monday.
Pilot Flying J is a private company mostly owned by Haslam, his brother Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and other family members. It is the nation's Number 1 retailer of diesel fuel, and its customer rebate program with trucking firms is at the center of the investigation.