Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
Fri April 19, 2013
Pilot Worker Says Haslam Knew of Rebate Fraud
An FBI agent's affidavit says a Pilot Flying J employee told authorities that Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam knew about rebate fraud at the truck stop chain his family owns.
The 120-page document was filed Thursday in federal court in Knoxville, where Pilot is based. It identifies the employee only as a confidential source.
Haslam says the foundation of the company is integrity and pledged to cooperate with the investigation.
FBI and IRS agents raided the company headquarters Monday.
Pilot Flying J is a private company mostly owned by Haslam, his brother Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and other family members. It is the nation's Number 1 retailer of diesel fuel, and its customer rebate program with trucking firms is at the center of the investigation.